The RCN Social Affairs and Employment Unit is looking for a General Administrative Officer
Are you customer-oriented and proactive? Do you have an affinity with the social insurance laws and regulations of the Caribbean Netherlands? Then we are looking for you!
As General Administrative Officer you will perform various existing duties relating to social insurance applications, work permits and labour affairs. You will ensure the proper processing of applications and answer questions of employers and employees.
- You will be responsible for the proper processing of applications relating to social insurance, work permits and labour affairs
- You will take care of the intake of new clients
- You will (re)check existing social relief (onderstand) clients and in case of new applications relating to the General Law on Old Age Pension (Wet Algemene Ouderdomsverzekering, hereinafter AOV) and the Widow and Orphans Act General Insurance (Algemene weduwen- en wezenwet, hereinafter AWW) you will verify client data with the Census Office
- You will answer general questions and in case of (special) social relief you will also provide information to clients
- You will compile dossiers and archive documents, and you will monitor changes in SZW applications
- You will assess new applications and applications for extension for work permits
- You will handle questions of employers and employees regarding labour law
- You will safeguard the quality of work performed and mediate in disputes between employers and employees
- You will maintain contacts with chain partners
The Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment (Sociale Zaken en Werkgelegenheid, SZW) implements social security for the Caribbean Netherlands, directly managed by the department in the Netherlands.
A separate unit was created for this purpose, under the leadership of the Unit Head, which is responsible for the implementation of the AOV, Social Relief, AWW, Labour Inspection, Loss of Earnings and the granting of Work Permits.
- Customer orientation
- Result orientation
- Planning and organising
- MBO+ (senior secondary vocational education and training) level of working and thinking (preferably legal administrative)
- Knowledge of the SZW-CN’s field of activity and (in a broad sense) of the social insurance laws and regulations to be implemented by the SZW-CN
- Good communication skills and accuracy
- A command of Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing
What we offer:
- A salary in line with the market, initial salary scale 7 and job salary scale 8 between a minimum of $1,960.00 and a maximum of $3,126.00 per month based on a work week of 39.5 hours. A pay grade based on knowledge and experience
- An end-year bonus of at least $1,500.00
- A holiday pay of 8.33% of the remuneration
- A proper pension plan administered by PCN
- In-house training opportunities
- 184 holiday hours (based on a 39.5-hour work week)
- A temporary appointment of one year with the prospect of a permanent appointment, based on BES law
- A relocation scheme if the applicant lives abroad
Terms of appointment:
- Submission of a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and undergoing a medical examination are required.
- Dutch citizenship is a requirement.
- In the event of equal qualifications, internal candidates will be given priority over external candidates.
For more information about the job vacancy, please contact:
Name : Ms R. Spanner, Windward Islands Team Leader
Telephone : +599 781 0053
You may send your curriculum vitae with cover letter to:
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: February 10th, 2019