St. Eustatius – The public entity of St. Eustatius is herewith informing the general public (motorist and pedestrians) that’s the roads in the immediate vicinity of Fort Oranje and surrounding cliffs will be closed off on Saturday August 31st, 2019 and again on Monday September 2nd, 2019 from 7:30 am to 1:00pm in connection with placement of nets on the cliff making use of helicopters.
Roads and areas that will be closed off:
- Slave path (entrance top and bottom)
- Horseshoe Square ( parking area R.C. Church)
- Zr. Amantia Steeg (alley cool corner and Cadaster office)
- For Oranjestraat until Government Guesthouse (through traffic allowed to Whitewall through the Kerkweg. No through traffic is allowed to Van Tonningenweg or Paramenweg)
- Main road lower town (traffic wardens will be regulating traffic during mentioned hours. Motorist who have urgent business in lower town are requested not to go there between 7:30am and 1:00pm
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.