Kralendijk, The Bottom, Saba, Oranjestad, St. Eustatius – A new bill aims to make it possible to have a basic checking account for all Dutch citizens, regardless of whether they reside in the European Union or outside of it.
In today’s society, having a bank account is a precondition for participating in society. In recent years, Dutch banks have increasingly terminated the current accounts of Dutch residents outside the European Union (including the Caribbean Netherlands) unilaterally, with adverse and sometimes dangerous consequences for these residents.
The bill will create a legal right for Dutch nationals outside the European Union to request and maintain a basic checking account with a Dutch bank.
Source: Newsletter RVO
- Court hears case of Mariadal and Sarpa regarding permits for Air Ambulance Flights
- Queen Máxima of The Netherlands will visit Colombia next week
- Franklin Antoin of Falki Aviation Bonaire disappointed in actions of Flamingo Airport
- Vacancies Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland
- Subsidy for new Farmer’s Cooperative St. Eustatius