Kralendijk – Right now, the Bonaire Marine Park is experiencing mass coral bleaching. Bonaire is still at Alert Level 2 according to NOAA.
Global Climate Change is one of the greatest threats to coral reefs today. Higher temperatures that result in heatwaves also wreak havoc underwater. Warmer than normal temperatures stress the corals, often resulting in coral bleaching. Unless the water cools down soon, the end result of this bleaching event is likely to be mass coral mortality.
STINAPA is monitoring the situation and will keep you updated. Please be sure to practice perfect buoyancy these days.
- Departing Commissioner Tjin Asjoe fed up with Rumors about Private Life
- More attention for People with Disabilities on Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba
- ECHO Bonaire receives eight Yellow-Shouldered Amazon Parrots
- New Handheld Radios for Saba’s First Responders
- Bonaire and Statia get Temporary Air Connection