Willemstad, Curaçao on Saturday evening was hit by a third complete blackout in a number of days.
Utility provider Aqualectra says they haven not established as of yet why the power outage keeps occurring. The company said they are generating sufficient power, but a safety system seems to be knocking out the supply.
Many residents in Curaçao reacted frustrated and angry with Aqualectra. “How often do we have to endure this and how long will it last this time”, asked one resident.
Minister Steven Martina, former CEO at Aqualectra said that an investigation should turn out what is the cause behind the repeated power outages. “This is not positive for our island or for the economy”, said Martina who added that thankfully complete blackouts do not occur very often in Curaçao.
Including Saturday’s power outage, there have been 5 complete blackouts in Curaçao since November 2019.
- Work on Kaya Jean B. Vitte and Carlos A. Nicholas Bonaire in final phase
- Are you also going to file your income tax online?
- Bonaire COVID-19 active cases continue to drop
- Is your child moving abroad?
- COVID-19 test mandatory for most travelers to Statia