St. Maarten, The Government of The Netherlands will provide a mortgage loan to Winair to help save the company from bankruptcy.
Minister of Infrastructure, Cora van Nieuwenhuizen wrote a letter on the last day of 2020 to Dutch Parliament, in which the plans are laid out. According to Van Nieuwenhuizen the connections by Winair are paramount, especially for “Dutch” municipalities Saba and St. Eutatius.
The loan comes with certain conditions. Winair will be held to fly twice daily to both St. Eustatius and Saba, once flight restrictions are raised. Another condidion is that the company cannot pay out any bonuses to employees or managers during the period that the loan is outstanding.
The loan must be repaid in a time frame between 18 months and 6 years.
- Meteorological Service Warns for Rough Seas on Tuesday
- Simpsonbay Resort Marina & Spa adds testing facility to premises
- Sharks found with dangerously high levels of heavy metals in The Caribbean
- Excellence Consultancy Hosts First St. Eustatius Business Awards
- Yacht Club Port de Plaisance Supports NF Outreach Program