Kralendijk- Authorities on Bonaire had already warned that a much sterner control would start to take place on the observation of Covid-19 preventative measures, and on Tuesday evening they continued their intensified controls.
A total of 16 bars and restaurants were visited by the Department of Surveillance & Enforcement. At 9 establishments there was no violation of the preventative measures, but 7 other establishments fared less well.
According to a spokesperson for the Police Force, the 7 establishments in question failed one or more rules of the preventative measures implemented. They were fined and the establishments were closed.
- Meteorological Service Warns for Rough Seas on Tuesday
- Simpsonbay Resort Marina & Spa adds testing facility to premises
- Sharks found with dangerously high levels of heavy metals in The Caribbean
- Excellence Consultancy Hosts First St. Eustatius Business Awards
- Yacht Club Port de Plaisance Supports NF Outreach Program