Searching for a reliable and self-motivated professional, able to think and work out-of-the-box. The Youth Development Specialist (fulltime) focuses on approaches about how to work with parents, teachers, children and young people. The YDS provides well-coordinated care geared towards more prevention, better integration of youth related services and the use of social networks within the direct environment of students.
- Observes interaction between teacher and student;
- Performs psycho-educational diagnostics;
- Contributes to the individual plans of students (IEP + IDP);
- Be available at the daycare center and schools at regular hours for observations and intervention;
- Supports contact between schools and parents.
- Offer the first line of support for teachers, parents and children through classroom visits, home visits, workshops or individual sessions;
- Plan and execute intervention for students with socio-emotional or specific behavioral challenges.
- Relevant degree in psychology, pedagogy or behavior sciences;
- Ample work experience in supporting youngsters with social-emotional questions;
- Able and qualified to perform psychological assessments;
- Has knowledge of the current student care system on Saba, or will comply with it shortly;
- Willing to apply a result-oriented approach;
- Able and qualified to apply strategies to guide students with exceptionalities;
- Work on own professional development;
- Experienced in positive psychology/ pedagogy.
- Is eager and able to work in a multidsciplinary team;
- Experienced in working with adults;
- Maintains regular contact between teachers, care coordinators, parents, and colleagues in other organizations;
- Fluent in English and preferably also some command of Dutch and Spanish;
- Able to monitor and report on progress verbally and in writing;
- Use modern communication technology to give constructive feedback.
Candidates are asked to submit applications by March 15, 2021 to EC2 Director Henriette van Heijnsbergen at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are particularly interested in your motivation and experience.