Amsterdam- As of Saturday, September 4th, 2021 travelers out of the US arriving in The Netherlands are required to go in home quarantine a full 10 days after arrival.
As of Monday, September 6th, 2021, travelers should also arrive with a negative PCR test. The measures are applicable both to vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers.
The decision will have quite a negative impact on the KLM. The airline decided to temporarily halt flights to Miami, Orlando and Las Vegas after the new measure was made known.
The measure follows the decision of the European Union to remove the US from the list of ‘safe’ countries. It is unknown if the measure will have consequences for travel to the Dutch Caribbean island. In general, the BES-islands follow The Netherlands with some delays, when it comes to preventative measures in the Corona Pandemic.
- Bonaire presents new Covid-risk Country List
- Well-known radio-host is Bonaire’s latest Covid-19 victim
- Tender integrity course
- Belastingdienst Caribisch Nederland names reception hall after Larry Thomas
- Vacature Communicatieadviseur (beleidsmedewerker A) Sint Eustatius
- Island Council Saba passes banking motion
- Vacature Bouw Inspecteur Sint Eustatius
- Bonaire welcomes additional flights out of the United States
- Saba Island Council Adopts Motion calling on establishment of Social Minimum
- Tourism Corporation Bonaire launches its 3rd Tourism Book
- Correctional Institution Caribbean Netherlands gets family room for visitors
- Van Putten Calls for Urgent meeting on Return to Democracy
- Due to lower Risk Level: Travel from St Maarten to Statia a bit easier again
- Divemaster ‘Spider’ saves Manta from fishing lines and gets a ‘thank-you’
- More than 40 participants for Xtreme Mountain Bike event Bonaire