Kralendijk- Bonaire’s Commissioner of Finance calls the College of Financial Supervision (Cft) ‘inconsistent’. According to Thielman, certain decisions about the 2022 budget were inititially discussed with or even suggested by Cft, only to be critized later on after submittal of the draft.
“It is not like these things were not discussed with Cft”, says Thielman. A good example, according to the commisioner, is the plan to use 2 million dollars from the general reserve of the Public Entity to cover an expected shortfall of the same amount. “Not only was it discussed; it was even confirmed in writing’, says Thielman in a written statement to the press on Sunday.
This has not witheld Cft from critizing this and other elements of the 2022 draft budget.
According to Thielman the same is true for the improvement plan the island govenrment has been working on when it comes to general financial management. “Cft is fully aware of our situation and the improvment plan. They are also aware of considerable and tangible achievements to deal with prior point of criticism”. Thielman feels Cft incorrectly suggests that little or no improvement is being made.
The commissioner also feels that Cft needs to make a choice in the role they assume. “Do they, as a body, want to provide constructive criticism for the benefit of the island, or be a body mostly focussing on criticizing no matter what”.
- Bonaire presents new Covid-risk Country List
- Well-known radio-host is Bonaire’s latest Covid-19 victim
- Tender integrity course
- Belastingdienst Caribisch Nederland names reception hall after Larry Thomas
- Vacature Communicatieadviseur (beleidsmedewerker A) Sint Eustatius
- Island Council Saba passes banking motion
- Vacature Bouw Inspecteur Sint Eustatius
- Bonaire welcomes additional flights out of the United States
- Saba Island Council Adopts Motion calling on establishment of Social Minimum
- Tourism Corporation Bonaire launches its 3rd Tourism Book
- Correctional Institution Caribbean Netherlands gets family room for visitors
- Van Putten Calls for Urgent meeting on Return to Democracy
- Due to lower Risk Level: Travel from St Maarten to Statia a bit easier again
- Divemaster ‘Spider’ saves Manta from fishing lines and gets a ‘thank-you’
- More than 40 participants for Xtreme Mountain Bike event Bonaire