Kralendijk- On Wednesday evening a scary situation developed, when a container fully loaded with gas cylinders toppled over on the South Pier.
The accident happened when the loader pulling the container was driving off the ship and onto the South Pier. Police and Fire Department quickly came into action to secure the site and the surrounding areas. Eye witnesses spoke about a strong scent of cooking gas.
On Thursday the area is still cordoned off, while the gas cylinders are being carefully removed from the container which is laying on one side, completely blocking off the exit from the South Pier.
- Rental Car rolls over close to Pink Beach
- Also want to become a foster parent?
- Vacature Directeur Bedrijfsvoering & Klantenservice Sint Eustatius
- Single new infection on Friday
- American Airlines with more seats to Bonaire
- DCNA holds Masterclass with Dutch MPs on Nature Conservation
- Statia Scales up to Fight Non-Communicable Diseases and COVID-19
- Two New Cases of Covid-19 on Bonaire
- Usage of banned single use plastic not allowed
- Get your vaccination for COVID-19
- Saba presents Reforestation and Waste Management proposals
- Due to Delta-strain: Bonaire back to Risk Level II
- St. Lucian Fishing vessel found by patrol plane Dutch Caribbean Coast Guard
- Farewell Message from Consul General Allen Greenberg
- Vacancy Front Office Manager Bonaire