KRALENDIJK – The number of daily new infections on Bonaire with the Covid-19 virus is still not showing a significant downward trend. The total number of active cases over the past weeks has remained fairly stable, with a total of between 140 and 160 cases.
It is not clear why it is not yet possible to contain the number of daily infections, although the Public Health department consistently indicates that it has a good view of the source of the infections.
Somewhat worrisome is the fact that the number of patients being treated at Fundashon Mariadal is also rising again. A new high during the current outbreak was reached on Tuesday, with a total of seven patients.
Although there are also vaccinated persons among the infected persons, Bonaire.nu understands that in most cases the vaccination offers good protection against more serious symptoms.
- Twelve out of 67 tests positive
- U.S. Forward Operating Location opens doors to students Curaçao
- Cadushy Distillery presents Limited Edition for rum lovers
- Financing Needed for Execution of Flamingo Airport’s Masterplan
- Statia’s Leontine Durby and Marion Schroen featured in Canadian Mélange Magazine
- Trouble road near Harbour Village Marina gets new surface
- Stunning book published about Bonaire’s monuments
- Applying magic to Caribbean tourism
- Covid-infections Bonaire continue downward trend
- Aruba Airport scales down original expansion plans
- Bonaire Hospital takes implements measures after influx of additional Covid patients
- Saba receives First Cruise passengers of 2021 season
- QR code will be mandatory in Bonaire for events
- Bonaire’s covid infections down but four more in hospital
- Bonhata: Include tourism in Spatial Development Plan