ORANJESTAD- According to the Government Commissioners on St. Eustatius, The Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport has sent four highly experienced/trained IC nurses for 14 days to deal with the shortage of staff in the Auxiliary Home and the Queen Beatrix Medical Centre (QBMC).
On Wednesday morning, two nurses started at QBMC and two at the Auxiliary Home. After this period of 2 weeks, they will be replaced by four new nurses for another six weeks. These nurses can be deployed flexibly, where necessary.
Two nurses from the Netherlands have also arrived on Wednesday evening to help the Public Health Department with Swabbing and with the Regular Vaccination and Booster Campaign. They will support the GGD for the next two months.
On Thursday, two extra machines for PCR tests will arrive. These will come from Aruba together with an expert (lab technician). These PCR test machines will be at the disposal of Saba and St. Eustatius.
On Wednesday, the number of active cases on St. Eustatius has increased to 116. According to information provided by Government, the majority of cases concerns residents who are not vaccinated. The government has promised to provide more specific statistics in the course of Thursday.
- Island Governor Rijna pays 2022 Nature Fee
- Bonaire wants to have sustainable fishery policy
- F3 Fun Free Fitness Center officially opened on Saba
- Is your child moving abroad? |Advertisement
- BCN only communicated with tax advisors and administration offices about tax changes
- Indebon cleans sports fields
- WINAIR wants to fly bigger planes
- Government Commissioner Francis worried about low vaccination rate St. Eustatius
- Dunn & Co will work on ‘Re-branding’ Bonaire
- Reduction in BES tax-free allowance ‘automatic’ based on established policy
- U.S. Mission to the Dutch Caribbean welcomes new Consul General
- New Tourism Authority Announces New Interim CEO
- Many important projects underway in Saba
- Koos Sneek worried about STUCO bills and lack of Communication
- Follow-up Controls by SZW regarding Corona support