THE HAGUE/PHILIPSBURG, Prosecutor Hieke Buist has been appointed as Sint Maarten’s new Chief Prosecutor as of January 1, 2022. The Kingdom Council of Ministers formalized her appointment in its meeting of Thursday, 13 December 2021.
Buist was appointed on the recommendation of Dutch Minister of Security and Justice Ferdinand Grapperhaus and St. Maarten Minister of Justice Anna Richardson.
Buist will succeed current Chief Prosecutor Mirjam Mol who has completed her three-year term as chief prosecutor. Mol remains within the Prosecutor’s Office for the customary transition period.
Currently, Buist (45) is the prosecutor and team leader in Zwolle, the Netherlands. She has is experienced prosecuting cases related to human trafficking and human smuggling, corruption, and investigations into narcotics among other areas.
- Island Governor Rijna pays 2022 Nature Fee
- Bonaire wants to have sustainable fishery policy
- F3 Fun Free Fitness Center officially opened on Saba
- Is your child moving abroad? |Advertisement
- BCN only communicated with tax advisors and administration offices about tax changes
- Indebon cleans sports fields
- WINAIR wants to fly bigger planes
- Government Commissioner Francis worried about low vaccination rate St. Eustatius
- Dunn & Co will work on ‘Re-branding’ Bonaire
- Reduction in BES tax-free allowance ‘automatic’ based on established policy
- U.S. Mission to the Dutch Caribbean welcomes new Consul General
- New Tourism Authority Announces New Interim CEO
- Many important projects underway in Saba
- Koos Sneek worried about STUCO bills and lack of Communication
- Follow-up Controls by SZW regarding Corona support