Oranjestad, St. Eustatius- E petition to stop current archeological excavation by SECAR on St. Eustatius has already gathered well over 700 signatures so far.
Initiators Kenneth Cuvelay, Xiomara Balentina, George Berkel and Theresa Leslie are of the opinion that the excavations are carried out in a disrespectful manner and there is no involvement and input from archaeologists and scientists from the African diaspora.
They also feel the reasons for the archeological research is being conducted are questionable and easy to contradict. We suspect the government is trying to stimulate heritage tourism on the island.
Interested parties who agree to the petition can still sign the petition here: https://www.change.org/p/dutch-government-stop-the-excavations-at-st-eustatius-african-burial-ground?recruiter=6643075&recruited_by_id=35203c80-8f79-11e8-88f1-4548c7e7290c&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=petition_dashboard
- Bonaire presents new Covid-risk Country List
- Well-known radio-host is Bonaire’s latest Covid-19 victim
- Tender integrity course
- Belastingdienst Caribisch Nederland names reception hall after Larry Thomas
- Vacature Communicatieadviseur (beleidsmedewerker A) Sint Eustatius
- Island Council Saba passes banking motion
- Vacature Bouw Inspecteur Sint Eustatius
- Bonaire welcomes additional flights out of the United States
- Saba Island Council Adopts Motion calling on establishment of Social Minimum
- Tourism Corporation Bonaire launches its 3rd Tourism Book
- Correctional Institution Caribbean Netherlands gets family room for visitors
- Van Putten Calls for Urgent meeting on Return to Democracy
- Due to lower Risk Level: Travel from St Maarten to Statia a bit easier again
- Divemaster ‘Spider’ saves Manta from fishing lines and gets a ‘thank-you’
- More than 40 participants for Xtreme Mountain Bike event Bonaire