Oranjestad, St. Eustatius- E petition to stop current archeological excavation by SECAR on St. Eustatius has already gathered well over 700 signatures so far.
Initiators Kenneth Cuvelay, Xiomara Balentina, George Berkel and Theresa Leslie are of the opinion that the excavations are carried out in a disrespectful manner and there is no involvement and input from archaeologists and scientists from the African diaspora.
They also feel the reasons for the archeological research is being conducted are questionable and easy to contradict. We suspect the government is trying to stimulate heritage tourism on the island.
Interested parties who agree to the petition can still sign the petition here: https://www.change.org/p/dutch-government-stop-the-excavations-at-st-eustatius-african-burial-ground?recruiter=6643075&recruited_by_id=35203c80-8f79-11e8-88f1-4548c7e7290c&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=petition_dashboard
- Twelve out of 67 tests positive
- U.S. Forward Operating Location opens doors to students Curaçao
- Cadushy Distillery presents Limited Edition for rum lovers
- Financing Needed for Execution of Flamingo Airport’s Masterplan
- Statia’s Leontine Durby and Marion Schroen featured in Canadian Mélange Magazine
- Trouble road near Harbour Village Marina gets new surface
- Stunning book published about Bonaire’s monuments
- Applying magic to Caribbean tourism
- Covid-infections Bonaire continue downward trend
- Aruba Airport scales down original expansion plans
- Bonaire Hospital takes implements measures after influx of additional Covid patients
- Saba receives First Cruise passengers of 2021 season
- QR code will be mandatory in Bonaire for events
- Bonaire’s covid infections down but four more in hospital
- Bonhata: Include tourism in Spatial Development Plan