The Bottom, Saba- A 35-year-old man who had initially been acquitted, has now been convicted on appeal for the killing of a fellow student Kavya Guda on Saba in the year 2015.
The Bosnian native denied any involvement, but DNA testing in 2017 linked him to the death of the victim. He was also convicted of a large amount of child pornography on his computer.
The office of the Public Prosecutor demanded a prison sentence of 8 years, but the judge has reached a higher sentence: 11 years.
- Rental Car rolls over close to Pink Beach
- Also want to become a foster parent?
- Vacature Directeur Bedrijfsvoering & Klantenservice Sint Eustatius
- Single new infection on Friday
- American Airlines with more seats to Bonaire
- DCNA holds Masterclass with Dutch MPs on Nature Conservation
- Statia Scales up to Fight Non-Communicable Diseases and COVID-19
- Two New Cases of Covid-19 on Bonaire
- Usage of banned single use plastic not allowed
- Get your vaccination for COVID-19
- Saba presents Reforestation and Waste Management proposals
- Due to Delta-strain: Bonaire back to Risk Level II
- St. Lucian Fishing vessel found by patrol plane Dutch Caribbean Coast Guard
- Farewell Message from Consul General Allen Greenberg
- Vacancy Front Office Manager Bonaire