KRALENDIJK- On Thursday in the early evening, a prisoner in the JICN complex caused a fire in the isolation cell in which he was locked up. The fire was quickly brought under control and extinguished.
The prisoner in question was transferred to the hospital by ambulance for a medical examination, supervised by employees of the JICN.
Later in the evening, a second fire alarm went off in another ward. However, this turned out to be a false alarm. It is not yet known exactly how the detainee was able to start the fire. This remains to be seen from the investigation that has already been started.
The detainee is medically healthy and would be returned to the institution later in the evening.
- Island Governor Rijna pays 2022 Nature Fee
- Bonaire wants to have sustainable fishery policy
- F3 Fun Free Fitness Center officially opened on Saba
- Is your child moving abroad? |Advertisement
- BCN only communicated with tax advisors and administration offices about tax changes
- Indebon cleans sports fields
- WINAIR wants to fly bigger planes
- Government Commissioner Francis worried about low vaccination rate St. Eustatius
- Dunn & Co will work on ‘Re-branding’ Bonaire
- Reduction in BES tax-free allowance ‘automatic’ based on established policy
- U.S. Mission to the Dutch Caribbean welcomes new Consul General
- New Tourism Authority Announces New Interim CEO
- Many important projects underway in Saba
- Koos Sneek worried about STUCO bills and lack of Communication
- Follow-up Controls by SZW regarding Corona support