KRALENDIJK – Early Friday morning, at 1.25 am, two tourists hit the water with their rental car near Pink Beach.
The driver and a fellow passenger climbed out of the car and walked to their hotel in Belnem after the collision to call the police.
According to the driver, he wanted to evade two donkeys and lost control of the wheel, causing the car to roll over and end up in the water of the salt pans.
Both occupants were both unharmed, apart from a few scratches, but were checked on the spot by paramedics. Both had their seat belts on during the collision.
- Bonaire presents new Covid-risk Country List
- Well-known radio-host is Bonaire’s latest Covid-19 victim
- Tender integrity course
- Belastingdienst Caribisch Nederland names reception hall after Larry Thomas
- Vacature Communicatieadviseur (beleidsmedewerker A) Sint Eustatius
- Island Council Saba passes banking motion
- Vacature Bouw Inspecteur Sint Eustatius
- Bonaire welcomes additional flights out of the United States
- Saba Island Council Adopts Motion calling on establishment of Social Minimum
- Tourism Corporation Bonaire launches its 3rd Tourism Book
- Correctional Institution Caribbean Netherlands gets family room for visitors
- Van Putten Calls for Urgent meeting on Return to Democracy
- Due to lower Risk Level: Travel from St Maarten to Statia a bit easier again
- Divemaster ‘Spider’ saves Manta from fishing lines and gets a ‘thank-you’
- More than 40 participants for Xtreme Mountain Bike event Bonaire