ORANJESTAD- The Birth, Death and Marriage deeds that were sent to the Netherlands in 2019 with the purpose to be restored and digitalized, are back on Statia.
The documents were returned last Friday, October 7th 2021, by KLM to St. Maarten and by boat to Statia. The National Office for Identity Data at the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations has been leading this process.
The deeds are very fragile. Therefore, the documents will be stored in a safe environment.
Now that the digitalization project has been completed, the deeds can be accessed digitally by the Census office.
- Twelve out of 67 tests positive
- U.S. Forward Operating Location opens doors to students Curaçao
- Cadushy Distillery presents Limited Edition for rum lovers
- Financing Needed for Execution of Flamingo Airport’s Masterplan
- Statia’s Leontine Durby and Marion Schroen featured in Canadian Mélange Magazine
- Trouble road near Harbour Village Marina gets new surface
- Stunning book published about Bonaire’s monuments
- Applying magic to Caribbean tourism
- Covid-infections Bonaire continue downward trend
- Aruba Airport scales down original expansion plans
- Bonaire Hospital takes implements measures after influx of additional Covid patients
- Saba receives First Cruise passengers of 2021 season
- QR code will be mandatory in Bonaire for events
- Bonaire’s covid infections down but four more in hospital
- Bonhata: Include tourism in Spatial Development Plan