Kralendijk- In a solemn ceremony Police Officer Ferry Bakx has been remembered by the Police Force in Bonaire. Today it is 5 years ago that the officer was shot and killed during a burglary at a house in Sabadeco by a group of Venezoalan burglars.
Bakx was one of the first to arrive at the seen of the burglary in progress and received a fatal shot by one of the robbers. Bakx’s death caused an enormous commotion on the island and left many traumatized, not in the last place his colleagues on the Police Force.
All robbers involved were caught after an intense investigation of some week, and are currently serving prison sentences of many years. The group had been aided by a local person, who had also planned other robberies on wealthy families on the island.
- Bonaire presents new Covid-risk Country List
- Well-known radio-host is Bonaire’s latest Covid-19 victim
- Tender integrity course
- Belastingdienst Caribisch Nederland names reception hall after Larry Thomas
- Vacature Communicatieadviseur (beleidsmedewerker A) Sint Eustatius
- Island Council Saba passes banking motion
- Vacature Bouw Inspecteur Sint Eustatius
- Bonaire welcomes additional flights out of the United States
- Saba Island Council Adopts Motion calling on establishment of Social Minimum
- Tourism Corporation Bonaire launches its 3rd Tourism Book
- Correctional Institution Caribbean Netherlands gets family room for visitors
- Van Putten Calls for Urgent meeting on Return to Democracy
- Due to lower Risk Level: Travel from St Maarten to Statia a bit easier again
- Divemaster ‘Spider’ saves Manta from fishing lines and gets a ‘thank-you’
- More than 40 participants for Xtreme Mountain Bike event Bonaire