Oranjestad- Preparations on St. Eustatius are in full swing for the official opening of the new Terminal Building at the FDR airport on Friday afternoon.
The event, which can be attended by the public, starts at 4.00 PM today and ends at 7.00 PM. Island Council Member Reuben Merkman and Government Commissioner Alida Francis will deliver speeches on the occasion and will be opening the airport in the company of civil servants and the general public.
After the official part of the speeches and the cutting of the ribbon, attendees can enjoy music, entertainment, a toast and snacks.
The construction of the airport was financed by the Dutch ministry of Infrastructure and Water management (I&W). The Minister of I&W, Cora van Nieuwenhuizen, has sent a video message which will be broadcasted on the TV screen after the speeches of Alida Francis and Reuben Merkman.
- Island Governor Rijna pays 2022 Nature Fee
- Bonaire wants to have sustainable fishery policy
- F3 Fun Free Fitness Center officially opened on Saba
- Is your child moving abroad? |Advertisement
- BCN only communicated with tax advisors and administration offices about tax changes
- Indebon cleans sports fields
- WINAIR wants to fly bigger planes
- Government Commissioner Francis worried about low vaccination rate St. Eustatius
- Dunn & Co will work on ‘Re-branding’ Bonaire
- Reduction in BES tax-free allowance ‘automatic’ based on established policy
- U.S. Mission to the Dutch Caribbean welcomes new Consul General
- New Tourism Authority Announces New Interim CEO
- Many important projects underway in Saba
- Koos Sneek worried about STUCO bills and lack of Communication
- Follow-up Controls by SZW regarding Corona support