ORANJESTAD- Since December 15, 2021 there is a new exciting development in Lower Town with the opening of the Barrel House, in the building of what used to be Mazinga on the Bay.
Responsible for the development are Sybolt and Marlies ten Hoopen, who have become an important factor in the local hotel and restaurant sector on the island. The Barrel contains upscale lodging on the island, for those looking for a unique hotel experience.
However, the initiative also includes new gastronomic offerings in the form of an exclusive selection of wines, fresh pastry, a coffee bar and rotisserie chicken. Responsible for the culinairy offerings of The Barrel House is chef Iwan Hokahin.
“We are always looking to add something to the sector, which isn’t there yet”, says Sybolt ten Hoopen. The entrepreneur feels that the island is gaining momentum, with the introduction of the new ferry service, but also with the recent exposure on a medium like CNN travel.
While only a few years back, St. Eustatius was still considered by many to be on the lower end of the spectrum when it came to stayover tourism, developments at the Old Gin House and the establishment of Golden Rock resort are quickly bringing the island up to speed with upscale offerings for the more demanding traveller.
- Island Governor Rijna pays 2022 Nature Fee
- Bonaire wants to have sustainable fishery policy
- F3 Fun Free Fitness Center officially opened on Saba
- Is your child moving abroad? |Advertisement
- BCN only communicated with tax advisors and administration offices about tax changes
- Indebon cleans sports fields
- WINAIR wants to fly bigger planes
- Government Commissioner Francis worried about low vaccination rate St. Eustatius
- Dunn & Co will work on ‘Re-branding’ Bonaire
- Reduction in BES tax-free allowance ‘automatic’ based on established policy
- U.S. Mission to the Dutch Caribbean welcomes new Consul General
- New Tourism Authority Announces New Interim CEO
- Many important projects underway in Saba
- Koos Sneek worried about STUCO bills and lack of Communication
- Follow-up Controls by SZW regarding Corona support