Oranjestad, St. Eustatius – Grooving on the runway of the Airport of St. Eustatius will start this evening, Monday August 31st, for a period of 14 days from 18.00 p.m. till 06.00 am.
The grooving is expected to cause temporary inconvenience for the closest neighborhoods due to the use of heavy equipment during the night time hours.
Grooving is necessary for safer landing of airplanes. The purpose is to drastically reduce hydroplaning, thereby improving braking distance and handling of the aircraft on wet pavement.
- Supermarkets Statia worried about harbour situation
- Two special Nevis Charms in collaboration with Pandorra
- Minster Dangui Oduber visits Aruba Airport to check up on Gate 2030 project
- Director General Ministry of Instrastructre and Water Management visits St. Eustatius
- Diplomas and Certificates for prisoners JICN