Kralendijk- The Government of Bonaire is not implementing any new measures in the fight against the spread of Covid-19 on the island.
This was communicated by Governor Edison Rijna and Public Health doctor Marian Luinstra-Passchier on Friday afternoon. Luinstra-Passchier said there was reason for cautious optimism. While new infections are still being confirmed on a daily basis, there is a cautious downward trend in the infections over the last few days.
This is why, according to Rijna, there is no tightening of the current measures. The Governor however warned that enforcement of current rules would stay strict. Over the past few days many establishments received a visit of the authorities. Seven establishments were closed and fined earlier this week because of various violations of the current anti-Covid preventative measures.
- Vacancy Island Governor Public Entity Bonaire
- Statia delegation heads to The Netherlands for Key Conference on BES Act Revision
- Are you a supplier that can deliver office supplies to Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland? |Advertisement
- Chef club Bonaire gathers at Epicurian Market Canarbo
- UPM leader Dave Levenstone criticizes lack of public involvement in preparation for meetings with Van Huffelen