Oranjestad- The Ubuntu Connected Front (UFC) has turned out the winner of the Dutch Parliamentary elections on St. Eustatius.
A total of 639 people on Statia cast their vote today. Of those, UCF achieved a total of 319 votes. The CDA, with among others Koos Sneek and Raymond Knops on its list achieved a total of 205 votes. 9 of the votes cast were invalid.
Charles Woodley has turned out to be the biggest votegetter on the island with a total of 204 votes, followed by Sneek with 117 votes, Raymond Knops with 82 votes and Carlos Lopes with 80 votes. On the UFC slate kandidate Ploeg achieved 2 votes, while on the CDA slate 6 votes went to other candidates, not being Sneek or Knops.
On a national level UFC did not play any role of importance and did not come even close to achieving a Parliamentary seat.
Although the campaign on St. Eustatius started relatively late, the 3 UFC candidates on St. Eustatius still brought on a relatively effective campaign. In the last parliamentary elections, Sneek was still the big winner. This is no longer the case.
- Vacancies Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland
- Subsidy for new Farmer’s Cooperative St. Eustatius
- Bonaire Brandstof Terminals rebrands to Bonaire Bon Transition
- Pay attention to electricity consumption |Advertisement
- Sarpa and Hospital Bonaire seek Interim Injunction against Traffic Minister Cooper of Curaçao